Regular Meeting of March 25, 2019
South Hero Town Hall, Monday 7:00 PM
Board Members Present: Jonathan Shaw, Skip Brown (also Board Secretary), David Carter, Sharon Roy
Board Members Not Present: Anne Zolotas
Others Present: See sign in sheet.
1. Called to Order:
-The meeting was called to order by Chairman Shaw at 7:00 pm.
2. Adjustment to Agenda:
-David Carter made a motion to accept the minutes of the meeting of March 11, 2019 as written. The motion was seconded, Skip Brown abstained, the others in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
4. Public input:
-Heidi Chamberlin of the Island Craft Shop was present to inquire about the pending lease for the use of the old Rescue Building. The lease will be finished for the next meeting.
5. New Business:
A. Jill Meyers was present to discuss the 2020 census. There is an opportunity for 8-10 weeks of employment with flexible hours. More info can be found at 2020census.gov/jobs
B. David Carter made a motion to set up a fund for the Old White Meeting house grant money. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
C. After the audit, there appears to be is a budget deficit for approximately $60,000. for FY 2017-2018, mostly due to lower tax revenues and higher than expected legal fees. More information will be presented at the next meeting.
D. The large culvert by the “Crick” at Station/Tracy Rd. is beginning to fail. The cost to replace it is approximately $200,000. but the Town is hopefully eligible for a grant the will cover approximately $175,000. of the cost. Plus, the Road Crew can so some of the work and that will cover the in-kind contribution. David Carter made a motion to approve and have the Chairman sign the East Engineering Civil Infrastructure agreement. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
6. Administrative Assistant Report:
A. A written report was submitted. A hard copy with discussion points can be seen in Town Hall filed with these minutes or on www.southherovt.org.
7. Old and Ongoing Business:
A. none at this meeting
8. Announcements and Communications:
A. See other business
9. Other Business:
A. David Carter made a motion to sign orders 19-19 and to pay the bills associated with the orders. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
-David Carter made a motion to adjourn 7:50 pm. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
Respectfully submitted, Approved by,
Graham Brown Jonathan Shaw, Chairman
Administrative Officer’s Report to Selectboard March 25, 2019
1. The Zlotoff appeal to the 2 Notices of Violation issued for the Landon Rd. garage and the bottom floor of the Tool Museum is scheduled to be heard by the Development Review Board on Wednesday, May 10, 2019.
2. I need to confirm who the Municipal Authorizing Official is for the Town’s grant application through Cathedral Square. The State’s GEARS system currently has David Carter and Skip Brown as MAO’s. Do you want any additional people added for this grant, and will either Skip or David be available throughout the application and administrative process to review/submit application and authorize requisitions?
3. Taylor Newton has requested a 5th Monday meeting with the SB, DRB, and PC for July 29, 2019 for further discussion with all 3 Boards re: municipal wastewater. This date needs to be confirmed by the Selectboard so I can get it on the calendars for the DRB and Planning Commission.
4. There is no scheduled date yet for the Certified Flood Manager’s exam. A tentative date in May was planned. I plan to take the exam. If no date for a local exam is scheduled I will be looking at other locations in New England or NY.
5. The Draft Sign Ordinance has been edited to include comments from the earlier public discussion. A final review by the PC is scheduled for their April 3 meeting, after which the Selectboard can add it to a future meeting agenda for discussion and review.
-Planning Commission: There have been a few additional tweaks to the Development Regulations updates. After a meeting next week with NRPC to finalize formatting, I will be making hard copies for the PC members and the Selectboard.
-Development Review Board: -Upcoming hearing schedules include a 6-lot subdivision, a revision to one condition of the Richardson Conditional Use and Site Plan approval for 138 Ferry Rd., and a Final Plat review for a 3-lot subdivision on Sunset View Rd. Copies of recent DRB decisions are posted on the board outside the ZA’s office.
Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA and Asst. to the Selectboard