Special Meeting of December 16, 2019
South Hero Town Hall, Monday 6:00 PM
Board Members Present: Jonathan Shaw, Skip Brown (also Board Secretary), Anne Zolotas, David Carter, Sharon Roy
Board Members Not Present: none
Others Present: Janet Yates, Town Clerk/Treasurer and Martha Taylor Varney, ZA & SB Assistant. Also, see sign in sheet.
1. Called to Order:
-The meeting was called by Chairman Shaw at 6:00 pm
2. Adjustment to Agenda:
-David Carter made a motion to accept the minutes of December 16, 2019 as written. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
4. Public input:
5. New Business:
A. David Carter and Sandy Gregg and the Board discussed The Old White Meeting house. David and Sandy advised about setting up an article to fund money to be available for grants and the Town match, as well as money for future infrastructure needs for the building. More information will be at a future meeting when all Town articles for Town meeting are finalized.
B. The general Town articles were discussed.
C. Certain Town policies need to be updated in order to meet federal guidelines for possible future grants.
-David Carter made a motion to approve and sign the Residential Anti-displacement and Relocation Plan policy. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
-David Carter made a motion to approve and sign the Municipal Policies and Codes. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
D. David Carter made a motion to approve and have the Chairman sign a letter of support for a possible Recreational Trail Program grant. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
6. Administrative Assistant Report:
A. See the report on www.southherovt.org or filed with these minutes.
B. David Carter made a motion to appoint Jim Brightwell to the NRPC Clean Water Advisory Board. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
C. There will be a public hearing to discuss the updated Development Regulations on January 6, 2020 at the Worthen Library community room at 6:00pm.
7. Old and Ongoing Business:
A. The 2020/2021 budget was worked on.
B. Jonathan Shaw spoke with VLCT, attorney Matthew Little and Sherriff Allen. He advised the Board on what he learned about Town’s responsibility about Dubuque Lane. As of now, no changes will be made. More info will follow at a future meeting.
8. Announcements and Communications:
9. Other Business:
-Sharon Roy made a motion to adjourn 7:17pm. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
Respectfully submitted, Approved by,
Graham Brown Jonathan Shaw, Chairman
Administrative Officer’s Report to Selectboard Dec. 16, 2019
1. One person interested in the Alternate position on the DRB attended the 12/11 meeting to get further information. He said he would notify me soon if he decided to formally apply. Jim Brightwell expressed interest in the open position on NRPC’s Clean Water Advisory Board. Amanda Holland of NRPC tells me that this committee will be reorganized in the next few months and Jim may be an asset to that process.
2. I attended the NRPC Zoning Roundtable in St. Albans on Dec 12.
3. The Town was awarded the Agency of Commerce and Community Development planning grant for $60,000 for proposed senior housing in South Hero. Cathedral Square will administer the grant and will be working on the award conditions. The Municipal Policies and Codes document and VCDP Anti-Displacement Plan are available tonight for adoption by the Selectboard. Patrick Scheld of VCDP explained that the Anti-Displacement Plan still needs to be signed even if it does not apply.
4. Sherry Corbin will be resigning from the DRB once I can find a replacement. I will place a notice under Town News in the Islander.
Printed copies of the draft Development Regulations are being printed by Minuteman Press and will hopefully be finished on Wednesday. Once I receive them, I will contact all SB members and will make arrangements to get you each a copy. I would like the document and accompanying maps and reports to be posted on the Town website’s home page, so they are easier to find. A limited number of printed copies will be available for the public. I will be submitting an article for the Islander and information will be put on Front Porch Forum about the Regulations updates and the public hearing on Jan 6th. I’ve made up a flyer to be distributed throughout Town, beyond the usual locations for posting warnings. Doug Patterson will present the draft at the SB public hearing, accompanied by a PowerPoint presentation.
-Development Review Board: There will be no second DRB meeting in December due to Christmas. A site plan amendment has already been scheduled for January 8th, in addition to a Final Plan review for a 3-lot subdivision. The continuation of the RL Vallee Site Plan and Conditional Use review for a Maplefield’s behind McKee’s is still on the schedule for Feb. 26th. Recent decisions can be found posted on the Board outside the ZA’s office.
Zoning Administrator and Assistant to the Selectboard