Regular Meeting of January 8, 2018
South Hero Town Hall, Monday 7:00 PM
Board Members Present: Jonathan Shaw, Anne Zolotas, David Carter
Board Members Not Present: Skip Brown, George Rice
Others Present: Sharon Roy, Town Clerk. Also see sign in sheet.
- Called to Order:
-The meeting was called to order by Chairman Shaw at 7:00 pm.
- Adjustment to Agenda:
–David Carter made a motion to accept the minutes of the meeting of December 18, 2017 as written. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
- Public input:
- New Business:
–Ken Kowalowitz, Chair of Library Trustees, presented the budget for the Library. The Library will continue to operate the way they are from 7/1/18 to 12/18 open the same hours as now. Anticipating construction to begin in spring. The increase this year is for added staff. Discussion about the terms for the trustees and was agreed that they would set up the same as Select Board with 2 (3)Three Year Terms and 2 (2) Two Year terms and Ken will get back to Select Board with the arrangement of those terms..
- Administrative Assistant Report:
- A. A written report was submitted. A hard copy with discussion points can be seen in Town Hall filed with these minutes or on southherovt.org.
- B. David Carter reported on the progress of the transferring of the Fire and Rescue buildings to the Town and the agreement between the Fire and Rescue members.
- Old and Ongoing Business:
- David Carter reported on the progress of the transferring of the Fire and Rescue Buildings to the Town and the agreement between Fire, Rescue and The Town.
- The Certificate of Highway Mileage for Town Highway was signed on a motion by David Carter and seconded by Anne Zolotas, all in attendance approved.
- David Carter presented an Article written by him for Town Meeting as stated. “Will the legal voters of the Town of South Hero vote to expend a sum up to $10,000 to demolish the one (1) story Fire Department Training Building located west of the Old Town Hall a/k/a Granny’s Attic and restore the land?”
- Worked on the Town Budget and made adjustment to the Highway Budget to reflect increase in Insurance for W/C and property liability. Total Highway budget was approved at $501,295.00.
-David Carter made a motion to adjourn 7:45 pm. The motion was seconded, all in attendance so voted and the motion carried.
Respectfully submitted, Approved by,
Sharon B. Roy Jonathan Shaw, Chair