SOUTH HERO PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES January 15, 2020
Members Present: D. Patterson; S. Gregg; B. Kerr;
Members Absent: D. Roy; M. Gammal
Public Present: T. Maxham; J. Brightwell; M. Taylor-Varney (ZA)
6:00PM – D. Patterson called the meeting to order.
Changes to the Agenda
Moved discussion of the proposed Amendments to the Development Regulations (3) to the second item on the agenda.
Proposed Amendments to Development Regulations – Discuss results of Jan. 6th Selectboard Public Hearing
Jim Brightwell gave the Commission members a proposed draft for Density Bonus (Sec. 304). There was discussion on the difference between ‘Open Space/Public’ and ‘Open Space/Common’. Jim’s definition applies to ‘Open Space/Public’ in the Rural Residential District only. The Commission stressed that a density bonus cannot be sent to a separate non-contiguous parcel or lot. Also decided was that ‘Open Space/Common’ in a Planned Unit Development can be developed for recreational use by the owners of the Association. S. Gregg will write a new draft for all of Sec. 304.
Also discussed – Storage Facilities (Table 2.1 – Allowed Uses) will not be allowed in the proposed Village Districts, and Marinas will be allowed in the Village Districts (since those districts have now been expanded to include the shoreline in those areas).
- Patterson made the motion to request the Selectboard not to warn the Article for the amended Regulations at Town Meeting in order to give the Planning Commission time to make changes requested by the Selectboard; S. Gregg second. All members in attendance in favor.
There was none.
- Gregg moved to approve the minutes from December 4, 2019; B. Kerr second. All those in attendance in favor.
- Kerr has been attempting to get more information about the Act 250 process but has received no response from the local coordinator. The Commission will wait, pending the outcome of current discussion in the Legislature before trying again.
- There will be an “Essentials of Land Use Training” on Tuesday, February 4th at the Worthen Library from 7-9 PM. This training will be conducted by Northwest Regional Planning. All new and ‘veteran’ members of the Planning Commission and DRB are encouraged to attend. This is one of several sessions that NRPC has facilitated throughout the Region.
- The Agency of Natural Resources has funding opportunities for village community wastewater that will be discussed at a Jan. 21st meeting in Montpelier. Selectboard members and Planning Commission members are invited to attend.
7:55PM – S. Gregg moved to adjourn; B. Kerr second. All in favor.
Martha Taylor-Varney, Zoning Administrator
Signed: __________________________________________ Date: ______________________
For the Planning Commission
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.