SOUTH HERO PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES December 2, 2020
Meeting held via Zoom
Members Present: Doug Patterson (Chair); Sandy Gregg (Vice-Chair); David Roy; Michele Gammal; Jonathan Shaw.
Public Present: Tim Maxham; Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA.
6PM – D. Patterson called the meeting to order.
Changes to the Agenda
There were none.
There were none.
Finalize updated copy for Sec. 701 – Accessory Dwellings, to meet new State requirements
There was discussion regarding the size limits of accessory dwellings when the primary dwelling is quite large, but the Commission members decided to approve the 30% limit because that is what the State has approved. The Commission also added the word “current” to subdivision regulations in 701.B.1.d. S. Gregg moved to accept the edits, as presented; J. Shaw second. All in favor.
- Gregg moved to accept the minutes for November 18, 2020; M. Gammal second. All in favor.
- Gregg asked what the Selectboard’s decision had been on the formation of a South Hero Conservation Commission. J. Shaw reported that Bob Fireovid had presented to the Board but the Selectboard did not move to approve.
- The Mobile Vendors Ordinance was approved by the Selectboard on November 23, 2020. The Ordinance notice appeared in the Dec. 2 issue of the Islander and has been posted in five locations throughout town, as required by Statute. Unless a petition of at least 5% of registered voters in South Hero asking for a public vote is received by January 2, 2021, the ordinance will become effective on January 22, 2021.
- Gammal will write a short article to appear in the Islander and Front Porch Forum about the new ordinance’s requirements for site plan review for landowners and licensing for vendors. It is hoped that the reviews can be completed before the next summer season.
- There will be no 3rd-Wednesday Planning Commission meeting on Dec. 16th. The next PC meeting will be January 6, 2021.
6:20PM – S. Gregg moved to adjourn; D. Roy second. All in favor.
Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA
Signed: _______________________________________ Date: ______________________
For the Planning Commission
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.