SOUTH HERO PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES May 16, 2018
Members Present: S. Greg (Vice-Chair); D. Roy; B. Henry
Members Absent: D. Patterson (Chair); R. Henry
Public Present: Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA
7:00 PM – S. Gregg called the meeting to order.
Changes to the Agenda
Review of Sign Ordinance postponed.
There was none.
Con’t. Review of Draft Regulations – most recent NRPC discussions
Martha met with Taylor Newton at NRPC on May 10 to complete the review of questions and proposed edits by the Planning Commission. Discussion included the proposed language for Section 805.C on Interested Persons and whether to just refer to statute or include the entire description as stated in statute. The Commission members felt it was important for the language to remain in the regulations rather than require one to look for it elsewhere. Additional discussion covered including the requirement for a signed complaint form when a violation is reported to the ZA, Flood Hazard definitions, General definitions and how to list multiple definitions that are related (i.e. Structure, Accessory; Structure, Incidental; etc.), and the difference between ‘Personal’ and ‘Professional’ Services (no need to differentiate since both require the same review process from the DRB).
Con’t. review of sign ordinance
The members decided to push this discussion to a later date due to the late hour.
Review of Minutes
- Roy moved to accept the minutes from May 2, 2018, with a small correction; B. Kerr second. All in favor.
- S. Gregg told the members that she will be receiving grant information regarding the proposed installation of an electric vehicle charging station at the Health Center PUD. There will be no cost to the Town if a grant is received.
- B. Kerr discussed a conversation she had with an acquaintance in Johnson who was concerned about a proposed Dollar General in that town.
- The PC will meet with the DRB, Selectboard, and representatives from the FD and Rescue on Monday, June 4th at 7PM. The meeting will be warned as a special meeting of the Planning Commission, and the commission will not have their regular 1st Wednesday meeting on June 6.
- The VLCT Spring Planning and Zoning Forum is being held in Rutland on May 23rd. Martha will be attending and the Zoning Office will be closed that day.
9:03PM – D. Roy moved to adjourn; B. Kerr second. All in favor.
Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA
Signed: _____________________________________ Date: ______________________
For the Planning Commission
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly-scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.