Planning Commission Meeting Wednesday, July 5, 2017
Planning Commission members
Present: Terry Delano, Doug Patterson, David Roy, Sandy Gregg
Absent: Regan Henry
Public Present: Tim Maxham, Taylor Newton-NRPC
Note: Zoning Administrator, Martha Taylor-Varney was absent
1. Call to order at 7:00 PM by Terry Delano, Co-Chair
2. Changes to the Agenda: agenda rearranged due to Taylor Newton running late
3. Meeting Minutes June 21,2017: Motion to accept by David R. and Seconded by Doug P.
Vote was unanimous.
4. Public Input: None
5. New/Old Business: 2016 Municipal Planning Grant completed on-line. Sandy will email Skip Brown with reminder to request final requisition for reimbursement.
6. Administrator’s Report: None
7. Final Draft of Development Regulations: Review lead by Taylor Newton-NRPC
A. Terry tabbed his copy with corrections most of which are references to Articles needing corrections/filled in, some spelling/grammar corrections, and some general questions for clarification. This tabbed copy was handed over to Taylor at the end of the meeting and for the sake of expediency these minutes will reflect only the context issues.
B. Taylor lead the discussion as follows:
1. P 27, 303 A, adding wording re: excavation & fill greater than 100CY
2. P 55, 507 Table 5.1 Public Assembly – Outdoor Recreation: change to “As determined by DRB.”
3. P 62, 2 a Added wording re: Fire Department approval.
4. P 72-73, C 2 a Based on approved Minutes of 6/21/17: delete 2 seasonal employees.
5. P 89 Note: Statute requires ticketing dollar amount(s) be part of the By-Laws.
6. P 91 Article IX, 903 A 1, ANR may be changing this so wording will be added to cover the change as NRPC has already composed the wording for another town.
Taylor will supply VHD chart/data.
7. P 110 Definition of “Driveway” was discussed. Concluded a trigger is needed for multiple units on one (1) parcel that would require the road be built to road standards for public safety.
8. Section 605, new D 2 to be added: In the Village Zone: create a maximum of 200 ft frontage. “Frontage” to be defined.
8. Question about “Deferred Lot”: Term came out of Act 250. The terminology has been removed by the State. Therefore, South Hero will not have any more “deferred lot(s)”.
9. Final Draft with these corrections will be available by Monday, July 17, 2017 allowing 2 weeks of review by Select Board and DRB members. NRPC will also supply a Report/Analysis to facilitate explanation.
10. Next Meeting: 5th Monday Meeting with Select Board & DRB present: Public invited (warned?).
NRPC will facilitate presentation.
11. Meeting Adjourned at 9;23 PM: Motion to Adjourn by Sandy G. and seconded by David R. Vote unanimous.
Respectfully submitted by,
Sandy Gregg, Planning Commission