Town of South Hero
Regular Planning Commission Meeting
October 7, 2015
South Hero Town Office
Planning Commission Present: George (Terry) Delano – Co-Chair, Doug Patterson – Co-
Chair, Sandra O’Flaherty, Sandy Gregg
Planning Commission Absent: David Roy
Public Present: Jack Hedman, Kevin Abnet, Justin Dubuque, William Dubuque, Nicole
Mosher, Bev Blakely, Tim Maxham (arrived late).
1. Call to Order: Terry Delano called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.
2. Additions to or deletions from the agenda: Added Review of resumes from potential
Zoning Administrator candidates and re-ordered the agenda items.
3. Final site plan hearing for application SS145-16-02PC William Dubuque, Minor
Subdivision to divide the parcel located at 145 South Street and Landon Road creating
two (2) new lots, with remaining land.
• Terry Delano administered the oath to those wishing to testify.
• Terry Delano read the warning printed in The Islander 9/15/2015.
• William Dubuque testified that contour lines were added to the survey as requested.
Also, land delineation had been applied by Peter Spear as requested. The lot had not
been subdivided in ten (10) years (August 5, 2005). A previously submitted Site Plan
waiver request regarding scale will be amended and re-submitted to include both surveys:
the first survey by David Tudhope dated 6/23/15 has a scale of 1” = 150’; the
second survey by Warren A. Robenstein has a scale of 1” = 200’. The waiver request
letter from Mr. Dubuque will be sent, as soon as possible, to the attention of Doug Patterson,
Acting Zoning Administrator.
• Fire District #4 has submitted a letter stating their ability to provide potable water.
• Doug Patterson reviewed the previous Zoning Administrator’s letter regarding the
sketch plan review and had the following comments: the location of the proposed
house should be referred to as “the approximate location” of the house; all requested
and/or required items are met on the survey provided by David Tudhope; the survey
provided by Mr. Robenstein needs to add the same notes as provided by Mr.
Tudhope, plus a note needs to added stating that wetlands and flood lands do exist,
and finally, the names of all land abutters need to be added in the same manner as
provided by Mr. Tudhope.
• Public Comment was invited at which time Bev Blakely asked to see the plans so she
could understand what is going on. She reviewed the plans and stated she now understood
the plan. There were no further public concerns or comments.
• Motion was made by Sandra O’Flaherty and seconded by Doug Patterson to accept
the application as complete. The vote was unanimous.
• Motion was made by Doug Patterson and seconded by Sandra O’Flaherty to close the
hearing. The vote was unanimous.
• The Planning Commission has 45 days (November 20, 2015) to render a decision.
4. Public Input: none (no public present).
Page !1 of 2
5. Minutes: Motion was made by Sandra O’Flaherty and seconded by Sandy Gregg to
accept the minutes of September 16, 2015 as corrected. The vote was unanimous.
6. Municipal Planing Grant: the grant was submitted on time.
7. Town Plan Approval: Northwest Regional Planning Commission’s (NRPC) monthly
meeting on September 30, 2015 was attended by Terry Delano. Terry reported our
Town Plan was approved unanimously with kudos from NRPC for accomplishing the
update with minimal help.
8. Zoning Administrator position: a motion was made by Sandy Gregg and seconded
by Sandra O’Flaherty to go into Executive Session for personnel discussion. A
motion was made by Doug Patterson and seconded by Sandy Gregg to come out of
Executive Session. It was announced that the top three candidates will be called and
following a brief phone conversation if the candidate is still interested an interview
with the Planning Commission will be scheduled. The interview will be conducted in
a Special Meeting of the Planning Commission and will be open to the public. The
procedure at this Special Meeting shall entail the Planning Commission asking questions
with the public invited to submit written questions to the Planning Commission
during the course of the interview. If the written questions are deemed appropriate
the question(s) will be asked. The goal of the Planning Commission is to recommend
a candidate at the Select Board’s regular meeting on October 26, 2015.
9. Deliberative Session: Motion was made by Doug Patterson and seconded by
Sandy Gregg to go into Deliberative Session for Cota Application FR033-16-09B.
The vote was unanimous. A motion was made by Doug Patterson and seconded by
Sandy Gregg to come out of Deliberative Session.
10.Adjourned at 10:29 P.M.: Motion was made by Doug Patterson and seconded by
Sandra O’Flaherty to adjourn the meeting.
Respectfully submitted by,
Sandy Gregg – acting minion
Page !2 of 2