TOWN OF SOUTH HERO
July 15, 2015 Meeting Minutes
Planning Commission Members Present: George (Terry) Delano, Doug Patterson, Sandra O’Flaherty, Sandy Gregg and David Roy
Planning Commission Members Absent: None
Staff Present: Mitchel Cypes
Others present from the sign in sheet: Jay Buermann, Tim Maxham, William Dubuque and Justin Dubuque.
7:00PM: Call to order for the Planning Commission by Terry Delano.
7:00PM Additions or Deletions to the Agenda were solicited. None were requested.
7:00PM: BL043-16-01PC, Buermann, Bassett, Bassett & Topham Sketch Subdivision Plan Application to create 1 new lot. Jay Buermann stated the following:
- The Buermann Family partnership, which was the Applicant in the prior subdivision, no longer exist and the lots have changed ownership. The other lots are not shown because they are in separate ownership.
- The lot, in this application, is owned by 4 people. This application is a request to remove one cottage and 1.5 acres from the existing 40.4 acre property. The proposed lot is labeled as lot 4.
- There are no proposed new structures. The Applicants are considering changing the cottage on proposed lot 4 from seasonal to year round. He is trying to identify a location for new septic on the proposed lot. He plans to discuss this at preliminary hearing. If this conversion is not accepted the existing water and wastewater system would not need to change.
- The existing hammerhead turnaround required at the prior subdivision hearing is located at the Willis property driveway. Though not officially a turnaround, the tee in the road by the existing cottages has functioned as a turnaround. He stated his belief that a firetruck could turn at this tee.
- Parking for 3 cars is available at boat house property.
- He is not making a variance request at this hearing, but may ask for waiver of existing topography at preliminary hearing.
Public Comment: None
7:21PM: A motion to approve the sketch plan as a major subdivision application that will create one new lot was made by Sandra O’Flaherty, seconded by Sandy Gregg and approved unanimously.
7:22PM: SS145-16-02PC, Dubuque Sketch Subdivision Plan Application to create 2 new lots. Bill Dubuque stated the following:
- They are proposing a house for his son, Justin Dubuque, on proposed lot 2. The other 2 lots are proposed to remain as agricultural in use.
- They have received Vermont Wastewater System and Potable Water Supply Permit WW-6-2996. They are working with the State on a wetlands delineation.
- The proposed house will receive water from the fire district. The Commission asked for copy of the letter from the fire district allocating water supply.
- There is a 60-foot wide existing access and utility easement on property owned by the Applicant. A portion of this easement will be expanded to a width of 90-feet.
- They have discussed with the State requirements for placing services across a stream.
- The Vaughan property has access to Landon Road.
The Commission discussed with the Applicants ways in which the plans must be updated for the next hearing, scale of the submitted plan and the differences and factors in considering and determining whether the proposed application is a major or minor subdivision. The dates of the prior subdivision approvals were reviewed. The prior subdivision received final approval on August 22, 2005.
Public Comment: Tim Maxham expressed his interest and was shown the plan for the proposed development.
7:51PM: A motion to approve the sketch plan as a minor subdivision application, with the condition that the earliest the final subdivision hearing could be heard is September 2, 2015, that will create two new lots was made by Sandra O’Flaherty, seconded by Sandy Gregg and approved unanimously.
7:52PM: Town Plan:
7:53PM: A motion to approve the proposed Town Plan update was made by Doug Patterson, seconded by David Roy and approved unanimously.
Staff was authorized to provide the Plan to the Town Clerk. Preparations for the advertised Selectboard meeting was discussed.
7:58PM: Public Input: Tim Maxham discussed with the Commission the August 31st, ‘5th Monday’ Selectboard meeting, and having as topics rules, regulations and enforcement. Discussion on possible grant opportunities was also suggested.
8:33PM: A motion was made to approve the Minutes for July 1, 2015 by Sandra O’Flaherty, seconded by Doug Patterson and approved unanimously.
8:33PM: Administrative Officer’s Report included updated fee measurement, land alteration, certificate of occupancy, Richard Amore’s presentation to the Selectboard scheduled for July 27th, potential municipal planning grants recommend to the Selectboard, current code enforcement, Commission feedback for a possible boundary adjustment application that includes a mix of zoning districts, upcoming schedule and Staff renomination.
9:16PM: The Commission deliberated Preliminary Subdivision Plan Application IS020-15-04PC.
9:30PM: A motion was made to approve Preliminary Subdivision Plan Application IS020-15-04PC as updated by Sandy Gregg, seconded by Sandra O’Flaherty and approved unanimously.
9:31PM: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Sandra O’Flaherty, seconded by David Roy and approved unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by Mitchel Cypes, Administrative Officer.