TOWN OF SOUTH HERO
April 15, 2015 Meeting Minutes – Draft
Planning Commission Members Present: George (Terry) Delano, Doug Patterson, Sandy Gregg and David Roy
Planning Commission Members Absent: Sandra O’Flaherty
Staff Present: Mitchel Cypes
Others present from the sign in sheet: Alan (Kim) Kinney Jr., Jay Buermann and Tim Maxham.
7:00PM: Call to order for the Planning Commission by Terry Delano.
7:00PM Additions or Deletions to the Agenda were solicited. None were requested.
7:00PM: ES056-15-05PC, ES056-15-05PC, Kim Kinney, Sketch Plan Subdivision Application to create 6 new lot with remaining land at 56 East Shore Road.
Kim Kinney and Jay Buermann introduced the project and stated the following:
- They proposed to recombine the 3 lots, which were part of a previously approved subdivision, and create 6 new residential lots plus one agricultural lot.
- There is an existing barn at the front of the property, which is partially in the East Shore Road right-of-way, and which may predate the creation of the right-of-way. They are not proposing to remove the pre-existing barn.
- Access to the proposed lots will include 3 driveways. One driveway will provide shared access to 3 of the proposed residential lots. Another driveway will provide access to 2 of the proposed residential lots and the proposed agricultural lot. Lot #6 will have its own driveway.
- The agricultural access will remain as it has been. The Applicants believe that the State will require the agricultural easement be delineated.
- The 3 proposed septic areas are the same areas utilized in the prior 3-lot subdivision approval. Since the State does not require replacement septic areas, additional septic capacity is available on these areas.
- Each of the proposed houses will have its own well.
- The U.S. Army Corp of Engineers and State Agency of Natural Resources Wetlands division delineated the wetland limits and buffer. The wetlands on the proposed agricultural lot have been farmed and will continue to be farmed.
- The proposed utilities will be placed underground within the easements provided.
- The proposed residences are shown in possible locations but are proposed to be placed in building envelopes shown on the plans. The Applicants will adjust the building envelope on proposed lot 5 to conform to the minimum setback to a right-of-way.
- The Applicants plan to request a waiver to be able to not show 2-foot contour lines in areas, which have not been provided on the sketch plans.
- Possible proposed road names for the two shared access right-of-ways are Rooks Lane and Kinney Lane.
Public Comment: None
7:11PM: A motion to approve the sketch plan as a major subdivision application that will create six new lots was made by Sandy Gregg, seconded by David Roy and approved unanimously.
7:18PM: Public Input: No Public input was requested.
7:23PM: A motion was made to approve the Minutes for March 30, 2015 by Sandy Gregg, seconded by David Roy and approved unanimously with Doug Patterson abstaining.
7:30PM: A motion was made to go in to deliberative session with members of the Zoning Board of Adjustment by Doug Patterson, seconded by Sandy Gregg and approved unanimously.
10:31PM: A motion was made to come out of deliberative session by Sand Gregg, seconded by Doug Patterson and approved unanimously.
10:34PM: A motion was made to approve the Minutes as corrected for April 1, 2015 by David Roy, seconded by Sandy Gregg and approved unanimously with Doug Patterson abstaining.
10:34PM: Administrative Officer’s Report:
- The Selectboard approved at Monday’s meeting to extend interim zoning for an additional year.
- The Town of Milton has passed interim zoning, the links for which will be provided to the Commission by email.
- On May 6th is scheduled a Conditional Use and Site Plan hearing for Ben Durant to convert an existing 4-bedroom residence to a processing and bottling of vinified and distilled products, tasting facility, retail sales of vinified and distilled products, host wedding and provide a prep kitchen for catering, and maintain a 2-bedroom residence.
- A discussion regarding a policy for taking separate Planning Commission minutes for 5th Monday Selectboard meeting.
- The April 27th Selectboard meeting has been cancelled.
10:38PM: Town Plan: The Planning Commission discussed the Town Plan update.
10:53PM: A motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Sandy Gregg, seconded by David Roy and approved unanimously.
Respectfully submitted by Mitchel Cypes, Administrative Officer.