TOWN OF SOUTH HERO
October 2, 2013 Meeting Minutes
Planning Commission Members Present: Todd Cox, Jonathan Shaw, George (Terry) Delano, Sandra O’Flaherty and Doug Patterson
Planning Commission Members Absent: None
Staff Present: Mitchel Cypes
Others Present: Sharon Roy
6:46PM: Call to order for the Planning Commission by Todd.
6:46PM: A motion was made by Doug, seconded by Terry and approved unanimously to approve the Minutes for September 4, 2013.
6:47PM: Committee Organization:
Todd informed the Commission of the timing of his move from South Hero. He mentioned that he will be out of town on October 14th and will return after Thanksgiving. He then will be available during December, but will then be unavailable till March. Todd offered to resign. The Commission requested and Todd agreed to stay on the Commission till January 1st. The Commission wanted Todd to be available to participate with the SHIZAC survey and second forum.
6:54PM: Administrative Officer’s Report:
- A Municipal Planning Grant application for $7,910 to secure regional planning assistance with updating the South Hero Town Plan and Zoning Regulations has been submitted.
- Staff is anticipating an application submittal from Frechette for final subdivision and mentioned another potential subdivision application and two potential site plan applicants that have received assistance from Staff.
- A Vermont DEC Management of Lakes and Ponds approval for the F&WL property was shown and reviewed.
- Staff requested clarification on permitting that includes a pool. Staff noted that in some Towns pool area was not considered as habitable square footage floor area. After a discussion it was agreed that a permit would not be required if the pool and associated decking conformed to the requirements of an incidental structure with the area of the pool to be less than 100sf. A permit would be required and square footage calculated if the area of a pool is to be greater than 100sf.
- Todd wished to thank Allison Stori for her assistance with helping the Town with the Municipal Planning Grant application.
6:58PM: A motion was made by Terry, seconded by Sandra and approved unanimously to adjourn the meeting.
Respectfully submitted by Mitchel Cypes, Administrative Officer.
For Planning Commission