TOWN OF SOUTH HERO
June 5, 2013 Meeting Minutes
Planning Commission Members Present: Todd Cox, George (Terry) Delano, Jonathan Shaw, Fred Reus and Carol Tremble
Planning Commission Members Absent: None
Staff Present: Mitchel Cypes
Others Present: Bob Buermann, Skip Brown, Sandy Gregg, Doug Patterson, Janine Bellinghiri, Jocelyn Smith, Bethany Robinson, Jill Federico, Allison Stori, Kathy Robinson, Ross Brown, Art Huse, Paula Delano and Gwen Hobbs
7:00PM: Call to order for the Planning Commission by Todd Cox.
7:01PM: Administratorâ€™s Officers report
- Staff reminded the commission that he will be on vacation between June 19th and the 27th.
- The Hedbor application now complete and is scheduled for July 3rd.
- On Wednesday, the ZBA will hear an application for increasing the conditional use of the Snow Farm Vineyard. They are requesting an increase in the number of events, times of year for use and later hours. They submitted a site plan, which they are ready to testify is the approved site plan that shows 500 parking stalls. The site plan approvals in the file discuss 100 parking stalls.
- Also on Wednesday, the ZBA will hear an application for the Johnsons for conditional use for new land development within the shoreline setback that reduces the overall non-conformity per use of the revised Section 404. The applicant is proposing to remove 2 existing buildings with insufficient lake setback and replace it with a building footprint that has a smaller impact.
- Staff stated that he was asked how to permit a pond. Staff stated that construction of a pond is by definition land development and a structure, which would require a permit and satisfaction of accessory structure setbacks. If large enough a State permit would be required. The Commission agreed with this assessment.
- Staff asked if there were regulations regarding vending carts. Staff was told to discuss the matter with the Selectboard.
7:09PM Interim Zoning â€“ South Hero Interim Zoning Advisory Committee (SHIZAC)
Todd opened the process. The people in attendance were asked and discussed why they are interested in being a part of the advisory committee. The interim bylaw was read by Todd Cox.
There was a group discussion that included the following topics & concerns:
- Creating, setting up and distributing a survey to the community. Items such as commercial development limits on the survey.
- The structure of the committee, who could lead it and who will choose a leader.
- When should the work be accomplished, which Todd stated by the end of the year.
- Concerns with having a vote on interim zoning on the Town meeting day ballot.
- The process to make changes, which will include at least 2 public hearings (PC & SB) and approvals by PC and SB.
- Creation and limits of Village District(s).
- Setting up a community work shop.
- When the committee could next meet. They would agree to meet on June 12th at 6:00PM.
- The Planning Commission encouraged the Committee to review the Town Plan, which needs to be renewed in September 2014, as well as the Town Regulations.
Alison Stori offered to help, provide material from past studies, but stated that she can only provide technical assistance for 43-hours for a Town for a year. Planning grant applications need to be submitted by December.
Todd Cox offered to send out a guidance sheet.
The Commission recessed from 8:15PM to 8:29PM
8:35PM: A motion was made by Carol, seconded by Fred and approved unanimously to approve the May 15, 2013 minutes.
8:40PM: A motion was made by Terry, seconded by Carol and approved unanimously to adjourn the meeting.
Respectfully submitted by Mitchel Cypes, Administrative Officer.