SOUTH HERO DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD January 22, 2020
Members Present: Tim Maxham (Chair); Doug Patterson (Vice Chair); Jim Brightwell; Ross Brown; Nate Hayward; Liza Kilcoyne; Mike Welch
Others Present: Martha Taylor-Varney (Zoning Administrator)
Members Absent: Gareth Hunt
Public Present: Sue Arguin, Bill Rowe
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by T. Maxham at 7:00 p.m.
Changes to Agenda: None
Public Input: None
Annual Board Reorganization
- Maxham turned meeting over to M. Taylor-Varney to solicit nominations for Chair. J. Brightwell nominated T. Maxham. R. Brown seconded the nomination. T. Maxham was elected Chair by acclamation.
- Maxham resumed conducting the meeting as Chair. R. Brown nominated D. Patterson as Vice Chair. L. Kilcoyne seconded the nomination. D. Patterson was elected Vice Chair by acclamation.
- Patterson nominated J. Brightwell as DRB Clerk. R. Brown seconded the nomination. J. Brightwell was elected DRB Clerk by acclamation.
Signature for Wright Family Mylar (20-19-WS353)
After inspection of the final subdivision plat by members, N. Hayward moved to have the Chair sign the Wright subdivision Mylar. L. Kilcoyne seconded. The motion was passed by acclamation.
Old Business: None
Review of Minutes
After review and corrections, N. Hayward moved to accept the minutes of September 12th as corrected. The motion was seconded by R. Brown, and passed by acclamation.
The Administrator’s Report was delivered by Martha Taylor-Varney (Zoning Administrator).
NRPC will offer The Essentials of Land Use training for Island DRB, PC and Selectboard members on Feb 4th at the Worthen Library from 7 to 9PM. Although it may be a refresher for some, it’s highly recommended for new members.
Upcoming Hearing Schedule
February 12th – No hearings scheduled.
February 26th – continuation of hearing for R.L. Vallee at the Worthen Library in South Hero. If the applicant cancels in time to warn a different hearing, there may be a conditional use review for Mitchell Henderson for his property on Route 314.
- Maxham asked M. Taylor-Varney to get the potential cancellation from R.L. Vallee in writing.
- Kilcoyne moved to adjourn the business meeting and move to deliberative session. N. Hayward seconded the motion, which passed by acclamation.
The Board moved into deliberative session at 7:25 p.m.
James G. Brightwell
Clerk for S. Hero Development Review Board
Signed: ____________________________________________ Date: __________________
For the Development Review Board
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly-scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.