SOUTH HERO DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD September 11, 2019
Members Present: Tim Maxham (Chair); Doug Patterson (Vice Chair); Jim Brightwell (alternate); Ross Brown, Liza Kilcoyne
Others Present: Martha Taylor-Varney (Zoning Administrator)
Members Absent: Sherry Corbin; Nate Hayward; Gareth Hunt;
Public Present: Mike Santor; Matt Santor; Sara Santor
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order by T. Maxham at 7:00 p.m.
Changes to Agenda: None.
Public Input: None
Hearing: 20-05-WH066 Matthew and Sarah Santor 2-Lot Subdivision Sketch Plan 66 Whipple Road
- Maxham opened the hearing at 7:02 p.m.
Notice & Oath
- Patterson read the hearing warning. T. Maxham administered the oath to the attending members of the public.
Appearing on behalf of the applicant:
Mike Santor; Matt Santor; Sara Santor
The property to be subdivided is a 6.06 acre parcel with an existing wastewater system supporting a two-bedroom house. The owners are looking to subdivide into two lots. Lot 1 will comprise 3.77 acres supporting the existing house, and Lot 2 comprising 2.29 acres. A new pre-treated mound septic system will be built on Lot 2. The new system has been designed by David Tudhope and plans have been submitted to the state for a permit.
- Taylor-Varney confirmed receipt of a copy of a letter from the fire district confirming service for water.
- Brown made a motion to classify the subdivision as minor. D. Patterson seconded the motion, which passed by acclamation.
- Taylor-Varney said that if a new home is built on Lot 2, the current 24’ right-of-way will serve 3 homes. Those homes would be on Lots 1 and 2, plus the Brownell’s property to the south. Town bylaws permit a 20’ ROW to serve 3 or fewer homes.
- Maxham asked if the ROW for the road was in the deeds for the properties. Mike Santor said that he believed that the ROW was recorded in the deeds but that he would have to check.
- Maxham asked how many acres the Brownell property has. M. Taylor-Varney said 10.9 acres.
- Maxham asked if electrical service was shown on the site plan. Mike Santor said that he had not yet contacted the electric company to determine the route of the power line. Mike Santor said that the existing power line comes from Whipple Road to the house on Lot 1 near the mound system. T. Maxham said that if they run a pole, service from the pole to the house is supposed to be buried.
- Patterson said that the existing utility poles should be shown on the site plan.
- Patterson said that there should be an easement to the fire district’s water line shown on Lot 1. D. Patterson said that there should also be an easement showing the water line to the Brownell property.
- Patterson said that the owner of the property to the west of Lot 1, south of the Krag property, should be shown.
- Patterson said that he felt that there should be an easement for Lot 2 for the drainage culvert that goes from Lot 2 across Lot 1, to enable a future owner of Lot 2 to have access to repair and maintain the culvert.
After discussion on how such an easement could be worded, members of the Board suggested that the applicant consult their engineer, D. Tudhope. R. Brown suggested a 15’ wide easement for culvert repair.
Mike Santor expressed concern that it would take some time for the power company to determine the path of the power line. M. Taylor-Varney said that approval for the subdivision could be granted with conditions that the power line and other items be recorded on the final plat. The applicant has six months to record the final plat.
- Maxham closed the hearing at 7:42 p.m.
Review of Minutes
- Kilcoyne moved to accept the minutes of minutes of August 28th as amended. D. Patterson seconded. The motion passed by acclamation.
The Administrator’s Report was delivered by Martha Taylor-Varney (Zoning Administrator).
Sep 25th Santor final plat & continuation of Keeler Bay Marina hearing.
Sep 21st site visit at the Keeler Bay Marina at 8:00 a.m.
Oct 9th 3 lot subdivision sketch plan for Bond on Martin Road and a 3 lot subdivision sketch plan for the Wright family partnership.
Oct 23rd variance request on a nonconforming lot on Richards Road.
Nov 13th continuation of the hearing for R.L. Vallee.
- Taylor-Varney said that the Board had received a request to change the location of the dumpster for the Brew Pub. A motion was made by made by J. Brightwell to put the item on the agenda for next meeting. The motion was seconded by D. Patterson and passed by acclamation.
- Patterson move to adjourn the business meeting; the motion was seconded by R. Brown and carried by acclamation at 8:25 p.m.
James G. Brightwell
Clerk for S. Hero Development Review Board
Signed: ____________________________________________ Date: __________________
For the Development Review Board
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly-scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.